Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My two cents on Earth pony OCs


           Hello my name is AlienWarhead and for my first blog post I'd like to give my two cents on Earth pony original characters. I wanted to talk about this because of ILoveKimPossibleAlot aka KP's video "Analyzing Is Magic: Where Are the Earth Pony OCs?!" and because I made a Earth pony analysis OC. When people make OCs a lot of them probably think "why not add a horn or wings to my character to give them something extra", but there are some reasons people will pick Earth pony over other race despite the fact that they miss out on Pegasus flight and Unicorn magic.  

1. They are a Earth pony fan and their favorite ponies are probably Earth ponies like Big Mac, Pinkie Pie and/or AppleJack. Also they may want to give more love to Earth ponies by making a Earth pony OC.

2. Some people may not like the way wings or a horn looks on their OC. When I was making my analysis OC with the "News-pony-model-Kit" I didn't like the way the horn looked and I thought the horn might not work with the mane. Wings might work with this OC, but closed wings could cover the saddlebags and I didn't like the open wings.

3. People might want their OC to have Earth pony attributes like strength and/or farming, but these attributes can be applied to other races. Shining Armor and Snowflake are both strong and they aren't Earth ponies and I don't see why other races can't be farmers. Earth ponies have more experience with farming, but AppleJack's Unicorn and Pegasus friends did effectively help her with harvesting a couple of times.

4. To be different is probably the biggest reason to make a Earth pony OC. Since there aren't a lot of them an Earth pony OC may stand out more than a Unicorn or Pegasus OC. Other OCs races like Zebras or Griffins might stand out more than Earth pony OCs, but a lot of people may want to stay with a pony race.

          There are also a few specific reasons to choose an Earth pony OC like role-playing or the OC needs to be a Earth pony for a story or a fan-fiction. There might be a small surge of Earth pony OCs because KP opened this topic, but only time will time. Thanks for reading my blog, I hope you liked it, and special thanks to KP.




No comments:

Post a Comment