Sunday, September 8, 2013

Equestria Girls final thoughts


            I had a lot to say about “Equestria Girls” I wrote several posts and comments on http://www.reddit.com/r/MLPAnalysis about the movie and one really long article on this blog because the movie means a lot to me. Months before the Equestria Girls was announced I hoped that a MLP FIM movie come out and I’d be able to hang out we other bronies at a theater, but I thought it would not happen. When it was announced I though the human thing was weird, but I didn’t panic because I was used to fandom crisis like pink alicorn Cadence and princess Twilight. Now that the movie been out for a while and aired on TV I feel there are a few things left to say and analyze before I move on to other analysis.

            A while ago on www.BronyState.net I was listening to some of the moderators talk after an episode of My Little Pony and they were talking about whether or not a My Little Pony Friendship is Magic movie would work. I don’t remember the exact words, but one of them said people would get bored watching flash animation for more than an hour. I’m not sure if this is true, but it got me thinking, would a normal pony movie work instead of Equestria Girls? A lot of people would say that a normal pony movie would work and they would prefer it over Equestria Girls, but many would call a normal pony movie an extra-long episode. The Simpsons and Aqua Teen Hunger Force movies were called long episodes and some people thought Equestria Girls felt like a long episode, but Equestria Girls is different than a normal episode. Also a normal pony movie would probably feel similar to an epic My Little Pony two-part story like “A Canterlot Wedding” which can be a good or bad, but I think it’s a good thing that Equestria Girls is different. You may not like the movie, but it probably peaked your interest and got you emotional or passionate about something. What’s better a boring movie you barely remember or a movie that really pisses you off, gives you something to talk about, and gives you something to remember? So what I’m trying to say is that it’s a good thing that Equestria Girls because of all the positive and negative emotions and reactions it gave us.

            I enjoyed watching Equestria Girls in theaters and talking about it, but I didn't like what some people were saying about it. I understand and accept that some people won’t like it, but I didn't think it deserved all the hate it was getting because it was being judged before it was released and it could have been a lot worse. For example, the Twilight and Flash Sentry relationship won’t be explored in season 4, they didn't kiss, and Flash Sentry had a few funny moments. Also there are way worst movies based on animated series like “The Last Airbender”, that movie did terribly, but the series it’s based on “Avatar the Last Airbender” kept going with comic books and a new series called “The Legend of Korra”. The My Little Pony franchise would have keep going if Equestria Girls failed because the series, comic books and merchandise were doing well enough that a bad movie wouldn't stop it. I do have a few more things I want to say, but I don’t want to repeat more of what I said or wrote elsewhere.


            Thank you for reading and I’m glad I got this stuff off my chest so I start writing about other things. If I find the time to write I’ll probably write about the comics, most likely issues 9 and 10 they are the issues about Big Mac.    

No comments:

Post a Comment